Home > Practical infos > Services on the site
> A stock of 16 multimedia guides
Versions for :
• all French-speaking visitors
• all English-speaking visitors
• visitors with a motor disability with videos presenting the upper floors of the keep
• visually-impaired visitors with audio description (only in French)
• visitors with a hearing impairment with presentation in French sign language and subtitling in English or French
Over 350 products for adults and children relating to the Middle Ages; books, toys, costumes, furnishings, hygiene items, food…
> on site
Château de Saint-Mesmin gives you the opportunity to finish off your visit by buying a “souvenir” !
In the shop you will find items specifically for children :
• For playing > puppets, card games, small games, magnets, Playmobil
• For dressing up as a princess > t-shirts, hennins, crowns, costumes
• For dressing up as a knight > great helms, tunics, swords, daggers, shields, bows, crossbows
• For decorating > knight cards, coloured sticky labels, stickers, photo holders
• For drawing > notepads, pencils, pencil sharpeners, histoires à créer (books with pictures to stamp, decorations and stencils), stickers, stencils, rubber stamps, coloured sticky labels
• For reading > a selection of books on the Middle Ages for all ages.
And also items for adults :
• Stationery > pens, notepads, writing sets, bookmarks…
• Board games
• Books and CDs
• Hygiene products
As well as Château de Saint-Mesmin branded products :
• Postcards, keyrings, pens, drawing pencils, medieval coins minted in Tours...
• Not forgetting a selection of items linked to the theme of the year.
> differents areas at your service
IN THE HIGH SEASON
• An area specially for children with books, colouring-in, stencils…
• A relaxation area with sofa, armchairs, coffee machine and cold drinks.
• A television with films presenting the castle (French / English subtitling, sign language).
• An area with literature on nearby tourist sites and accommodation.
• A picnic area is available.
• A baby changing area.
• Possibility of strollers loan, wheel chairs and portable seats.
Fast-food menus are offered: sandwiches, salads, croque-monsieur (toasted sandwiches), cheeseburgers, fries, hot and cold drinks, ice-creams…
« Accueil Vélo » is a national label the objective of which is to point out leisure and tourist services, such as Château de Saint Mesmin, located close to a signed cycling route which meet the requirements of cycling tourists.
Château de Saint Mesmin guarantees a warm welcome and services suited to the requirements of cycling tourists, namely :
• A bike storage area (for at least 6 - 8 bikes) located closer to the castle than the carpark
• An information board visible from the outside of the establishment, close to the bike storage area, with a minimum amount of information in French and English about bike repairers / bike hire companies, contact details of the Tourist Office.
• Sources of drinking water made available to cycling tourists visiting the site
• Toilets made available to cycling tourists visiting the site
• Bike literature dedicated to cycling routes (free or payable)
• Repair kit made available to cycling tourists visiting the site.
• Wifi access on demand.
• Picnic tables available to tourists visiting the site.
Download here the access map to the castle.
For more information, it's here